Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling property - window inspection report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling property - window inspection report?

Hey folks!
    I have recently sold my property and with less than two weeks to go before the deal is concluded I have recieved a letter from the buyer's solicitor saying they wish to modify part of the deal.
    They now say they want an 'Acme Window Inspection Report' to be completed and delivered to them before the deal closes. *The windows were replaced before I bought the property 7 years ago and I have no info on them at all. *However I've never had a problem with them and the Home Report never picked up any problems.
    I got the letter yesterday and haven't been able to contact my solicitor so have now worked myself into a real panic thinking this is some desperate attempt to get out of the sale without penalty! *I have already purchased another place based on the sale of this one so am dreading what this means. *I have searched the web loads of different ways and don't get any results for 'Acme Window Inspection.'
    Can anyone tell me what this report is? How much it costs? Is it a normal thing to ask for? Am I being daft?!
    Any help greatly appreciated

Re: Selling property - window inspection report?

If contracts for the sale have been exchanged, it is too late for the buyers to try to introduce new terms: they are legally committed to the transaction as per the contract

If contracts have not yet been exchanged, they can still withdraw, so you might want to arrange the inspection for them. However, like you, I cannot find any information on "Acme Window Report" - at least, not in the UK - so your buyers will, at the very least, need to explain exactly what they want

Speak to your solicitor but, if you have exchanged contracts, there should be no reason to worry

I hope this helps
    This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Working...
    X