Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Management pack for selling my flat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Management pack for selling my flat

Hi, I accepted an offer for my flat (leasehold) and have started the conveyancing process. I was told by my solicitor that I have to pay for the management pack that the buyer's solicitor asked for as part of their search. I checked with the management company and found that I have already provided all information in the pack, including maintenance fees estimates/budget, statements of accounts of 3 years, service charge and ground rent statements of 3 years, payment record of 3 years, building insurance policy and certificate etc. The only thing that the management company needs to provide is to complete the questionnaire. They said they do not do that separately. My solicitors insists that I need to pay for the pack which costs £250. I don't see why I have to pay for something I have already provided, and I suppose that is the buyer's search. Do I have to pay for the management pack? - would really appreciate some advice.

Re: Management pack for selling my flat

I suspect what is happening is that the buyer's solicitors have asked one or two questions not covered by what you have supplied (eg: is there any unusual service charge expenditure envisaged, or what is the fee for registering notice of assignment) and the agents' response is, "That information will be contained in he pack for which we charge £250"

I suggest you (a) find out from your conveyancers exactly what the extra information is then (b) you (or your solicitors) pick up the phone to the agents to point out that it is only a couple of points to be clarified, which does not justify a £250 fee (nor the waste of paper)

Of course, if you find out there are no extra questions, your solicitor should point that out to the buyer's solicitor

Good luck!
    This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Working...
    X