Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Service Charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Charges

I am a share of freeholder who has a number of issues with the management company and the managing agents. I need some advice on a few things before I go down the LVT route...

This is a group of three separate blocks with a number of "sub-blocks" some who have taken out their RTM option.
    1: the company secretary turns out to be the managing agents - is this normal? I would have thought that there would be a conflict of interests.
    2: the director of our specific block was asked to resign prior to my moving to this block - can he be reinstated? And if so, shouldn't the voting be only the leaseholders of that specific block.
    2a: despite not being a director, this particular neighbour took it upon himself to remove the communal entrance hall double glazing panels, with no authority or consultation from any of the other leaseholders or tenants. His reason? "because it looked unslightly".
    3: the communal central heating/hot water was decommissioned a few years ago, with no proper consultation of the leaseholders, resulting in them having to pay for the installation of their own boilers. No thought was given to replacing the existing communal boilers with energy efficient ones.

I have written to the managing agents requesting they answer my numberous questions and stating that I am witholding my payments until they answer:
    a) the service charge not being revised showing the removal of a number of peculiar items
    b) where the funds from the fine imposed on a neighbour who didn't apply for permission to build his extension
    c) explanation as to why this block had to contribute to an electronic gate that is exclusively used by the residents of a sister block (I was cited clause 10(E) in my lease, but I have no clause 10E in my lease)

Am I allowed to withold my service charge payments, or should I make a nominal contribution?

Any advice on this would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X