Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property Searches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Searches

We are getting increasingly frustrated with the length of time a search is taking on a property in our selling chain. How long do they usually take?

It really depends - my brother had problems getting his bought for 6 months because of a hold up in the chain.

If you really want to look to sell faster, you could always consider a cash purchasing company:

Home buyers – MPG Investments - We buy property in 7 days, Free Valuations, No Fees, No Fuss.

Comment

Searches in England and Wales at the moment can take anything from a day to about 4 weeks depending on how efficient the Council is!

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

If you are experiencing delays with your search you might want to consider using a Personal Search Company. They would normally visit the council offices to compile the relevant information. You should expect a turnaround time of about 4-5 days depending on the Council. You may also find that their fees are generally cheaper than the Local Authority. It would be useful if you could confirm that you Lender would accept a personal search.

Comment

Up to 4 weeks according to my Solicitor. Right pain I agree.

Comment

I heard they were changing the system by which they carry out searches, i can only assume this is an attempt to spped the process up because i know someone who was living with their parents and bought the house off them and that took about 4 months to completion!
            If you've got it, Property Flaunt it! - www.PropertyFlaunt.com

Comment

you might want to consider using a Personal Search Company. They would normally visit the council offices to compile the relevant information.
              Yes, they are usually cheaper, but unfortunately no quicker, because the Councils are rationing the number of appoitnements they will give to the search companies and that causes a delay! The government is trying to pressure the Councils over this.

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients
              RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
              As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
              X