Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gifting a property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gifting a property

my auntie lives abroad ,but she bought a property in london for investment purposes,she is thinking of gifting the property to us we are british citizen ,my aunt is not,can somebodt tell me please what is the procedure in gifting the property

many thanks
    kamrez

If it is registered at the Land Registry, you will need to complete a deed of Transfer (form TR1) and an application to change the register (form AP1) and identification forms for all parties (form ID1). Please note, there may be tax issues involved as a result of the gift
    This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

Dear Justin
      many many thanks for your answer,please tell me where can i get thoes forms and can we do it ourself or do we require a solicitor
      kamrez

Comment

The forms can all be downloaded from the Land Registry website: Land Registry - Land Registry In theory, you can deal with it all without using a solicitor; in practice, I think it would be quicker and less stressful to use a solicitor; it is your choice, really
        This is based on my experience as a conveyancing solicitor in England, but I do not accept liability for information I give in this forum

Comment

many thanks Justin
          kamrez

Comment

Working...
          X