Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Please help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please help

    I purchased a property in Pennsylvania a little while ago for what I believed to be an investment opportunity. Since then I have tried to put it on the market to sell in order to turn a profit (or even just recoup my money) only to find out that I was charged about 50% more for the property than what it was originally worth. I have been in contact with the company who sold it and they have agreed with this statemtent but claimed the only reason for this was that the company who acted on my behalf in the purchase of the property approached them with this outrageous bid!

    I paid $27,000 about 2 years ago and after speaking to a realtor in the local area the property now and was actually only worth about $10 - 15,000.

    Is there anyway that I can claim for the difference through either the investment company for not making me aware of this or saying that it was a silly offer or the company acting on my behalf for providing me false information regarding both the condition of the property and the true market price? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

    Thank you in advance


  • #2
    2 points:

    1. Universal truth - when buying property do your own research! Don't rely on thrid parties who may not know what they are doing or could rip you off.

    2. Best really to go to a US property website because most of the people looking at this are in the UK and can only give UK advice.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.