Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paperwork and searches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paperwork and searches

Hello!

Throughout the process, the solicitor gave zero info on any of our searches. As a 1st time buyer I had told them I'm relying on you as I don't know about the stages of buying with the huge amount of terms and procedures, that's why I pay professionals!

Found our legal paperwork contain a statement that isn't actually true. I had asked about any development at the viewing and seller said nothing was going ahead. I checked planning info at time and of course it didn't show as it was still a plan. However i've since found out that this was a neighbour notified by the council x 3 letters.

However this wasn't the full truth as the planning development had been formally adopted by the council years previously.

Also something called a property enquirer cert - apparently the solicitor failed to disclose to us about a development plan that had been found on this search. A long term development of 10 years over 2 phases for 40 houses over our fence.

Previous building work had been carried out on the house I bought. Solicitor handed over no paperwork for this work

The home report was missing a part, the property questionnaire - the solicitor failed to advise or chase this up.

So should the solicitor have checked the seller's statement that made it into the legal paperwork for accuracy? And should the solicitor have declared the results of all our searches? It was wrongly assumed that as nothing was mentioned over the searches that nothing was found. Shouldn't the solicitor be advising and declaring what he finds? Should I be entitled to copies of the building work paperwork?
    He's answered my complaint saying i should've asked more Q's! Thanks for any advice.

Working...
X