Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i get the seller to pay for a new boiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i get the seller to pay for a new boiler

I recently purchased a property, this property had been completely refurbished, new plumbing, radiators, windows, wiring etc and the seller provided all certificates. The night we moved in we ran the hot tap and the radiators started getting hot, the very next day we called British Gas and booked an engineer for a few days time, when he arrived he said the boiler is in a poor state and needs replacing due to the amount of faults/leaks/ condition and the problems it has.. The engineer stated that these faults would not have developed over night and would have been over a period of time and that it would not be financially economical for him to fix all the faults but was able to do a temporary fix so we can function.

The seller stated in the Property Information Form that "the central heating system is in good working order" when clearly is it is not. can we make the seller pay for the replacement boiler that we need or contribute towards this?
Working...
X