Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solicitor not accepting documents from parents as they have no photo ID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor not accepting documents from parents as they have no photo ID

Hello all,
    Deeply hope one of you can help, or point me in the right direction.

About to lose the purchase of a house, due to solicitors not accepting parental gift, as they will not validate any documents relating to the gift without photo ID due to money laundering regulations.
    Would greatly appreciate it if you could please advise me if there is any way forward, and what to tell solicitors to move this onwards.
    Here are the facts in brief:
    1. Parents wish to gift me 90k towards mortgage, money in mothers account since February last year from probate due to death of her mother and sale of house.
    2. Mother is severely disabled with MS, and is housebound. Father is full time carer for her.
    3. Both have no passports or drivers licenses. Unable to get passport for father as no upstanding member of community who could verify picture of him.
    4. We have printed bank statement from mothers account showing the money, we have letter related to probate explaining where the money has come from. Paid from her brothers account to hers.
    5. We have marriage certificate, birth certificates, proof of address, disability living allowance letter, council tax letter.

Is there anything that can be done. Nine weeks into purchasing house, bank happy, mortgage approved. About to lose 3k in deposit for property and fees, which is a large amount of money for me.

Jonathan.
Working...
X