Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Housing Association legal advice wanted.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing Association legal advice wanted.

Two and a half years ago my wife and I bought our first house, which we still reside in, through a shared ownership scheme. We were chuffed to bits because we were on the ladder with something we could afford. Absolute pure bliss after living with my witch of a mother-in-law for a year after leaving the forces.

Anyhow, our end terrace is on a development of 8 properties (all 3 bed); 3 other terraces and 4 semis behind us in a small close. The terraced houses all understandably have a pretty small garden, about 25 feet long, but the semis gardens are much larger. One of them being about five times the size of ours in terms of square meterage.

A substantially larger property but they paid the same as us. A price which was set by the housing association.

Now I happen to think that this is pretty unfair as it's obvious that they have put some thought into the semis but just squeezed the terraces in. Is there any way that I can get something back off them? I still only own 50% so a is a reduction in the price of the second half an option or am I clutching at straws?

Cheers in advance guys and girls.
    Last edited by George1981; 27-07-2008, 05:20 PM.
Working...
X