Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

How to appoint Power of Attorney Whilst Abroad ?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to appoint Power of Attorney Whilst Abroad ?

    OK, here's the background story. My dad lives abroad and wants to transfer his share in a UK property to my mom (she already owns half the property). I need to know as to how this can be done. By the way my dad cannot travel to the UK.

    Is it possible to appoint a power of attorney in a foreign country to deal with UK property transactions? My dad wants me to be the power of attorney and I'll happily take a couple of UK based citizens with me to witness the signing of the documents. Unfortunately I cannot afford to take a UK based notary solicitor with me.

    Can someone please give me some advice as to the most appropriate procedure to follow. Thanks.

  • #2
    This has been answered already on several other forums.
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.