Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restrictive covenant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictive covenant

Hello this is my first post I have a big problem in that our house is sold subject to contract but the buyer wants to extend and in our deeds is a restrictive covenant from 1921 preventing this without written permission from the estate owner however the person named in the covenant sold the estate land and it was resold to the tenant farmers so my question is is the covenant still enforceable can anyone help?
    ps my conveyancing solicitor says it's a load of nonsense but it is detering our buyer so we are in limbo

regards bisbee

So far as I understand it, the covenant is enforceable by the original party - so unless the sell from 1921 is expected to enforce anything, I think you're professional advice from your solicitor sounds on the ball.

Comment

Some further developments .. it turns out the the covenant in question is registered as a schedule D (II) charge and the land to which it applies is shown on a plan from the Land Registry so it is alive and enforcable by the current land owner who was unaware of the fact until my approach it now remains for me to reach a settlement for the removal of same I will update the forum as to progress

regards bisbee

Comment

Working...
      X