Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now what? Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now what? Help needed

We have been waiting for an exchange date for a couple of weeks. However it appears our buyer has a very picky solicitor.

After answering questions that were originally answered two months ago, it all seems to come down to two points:

1 The picky solicitor wants me to sign a liability clause over an extension that was built 25 years ago. We have only ever had the stamped and dated plans, but am told this is not good enough. On advice, this does seem very picky for works that were carried out over 20 years ago.

2 Back in 1901 there was a right of way across the back of the terrace property and each of my neighbours. However since then a development was built across the back (1970/80s), which gives us all seperate rear access. I'm told I will need a liability agreement for this at a cost of £500+.

I have helped my solicitor, with pictures/photos, updated digital maps and re-affirming answers over and over again. This seems to fall on deaf ears at the buyers end.

What can i do, or is it time to re-market?
    Last edited by Mitch; 09-04-2008, 08:03 PM. Reason: spelling

Sounds like you need to tell the buyer to put up or shut up - there is no sale while this drags on, so unless your solicitor advises that these issues are required, then offer to put the property back on the market if they refuse to complete the sale.

2c.

Comment

we were selling a house this time last year,had same sort of problem, in the end we had to buy indemnity insurance,once we did this sale went through.

Comment

Working...
      X