Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Letting a leasehold property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letting a leasehold property

I am going to look at a leasehold flat to buy in a purpose built block. I have been told that the lease has a clause in it that states the owner cannot let out the flat. The Flat is in England. Can anyone tell me if I would stand any chance of getting this clause out of the lease and if so, would it be costly to do so?.
    Thank you to anyone who can help.
    June

I think it's possible, but you're best having a chat with a solicitor and see what you're options are according to the specifics of the agreement.

Comment

If it is written in the lease then the seller would have to get the freeholder/landlord to agree to an amendment to the lease and the freeholder might not agree to it or might charge a lot of money for the alteration. Unless the seller is really desperate he is not going to go to great expense like that so it is unlikley you will get anywhere.

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients.
      RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
      As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
      X