Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The legalities of sub-letting homes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The legalities of sub-letting homes

Hi to all, I did have a quick search but couldnt find anything that was related to my question so i will ask.

Me and my partner are currently looking to buy our first place together (neither of us have owned a home before) and we have our eyes (and hearts) set on the recent development of chimney pot park (was going to post a link but not allowed, you will have to google)

This is supposed to be a first time buyers initiative also catering to key workers, and since theres a hospital nearby you would think that these houses would be snatched up... truth is there are a load of them being rented, about 60% of the homes are completed now and at least 20 up for rent in various property management windows. part of the contract sates that subletting is not allowed... so why can i go out and pay £1300 to move into one of these homes? surely it shouldnt be allowed?

they dont make it difficult either considering its a first time buyers scheme... 1k holding fee... fine its a hard pill to swallow but i'll bite... then 8.5k deposit within 28days... surely this is far too much to ask too... come on were first time buyers not exactly swimming in it, my partner thinks that the deposit shouldnt be forced upon people like this... as in you have up until contracts are ready to be exchanged to put the deposit down.

any help would be greatly apreciated.

thanks

Matty

That does sound bad - especially the rental aspect. Feel free to post more details here and I'll do some research and publish any findings. If the scheme is screwing the people it's supposed to help, then attention certainly needs bringing to this.

Comment

Working...
    X