Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to buy partner out of the property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting to buy partner out of the property

Hi! I was wandering if anyone could help me.My partner and I bought our house in May 2006.we took out a 95% mortgage and my partners parents gave us £5000 as deposit.(We drew up an agreement so if the property was sold he would get £5000 more from the profit).The mortgage is for £99,500.We also have 2 loans on top of the mortgage one for £5,000 and one for £6,000 so in all we owe about £111,000.We have recently split and wandering where to go from here.I earn £200 a month more than my partner,would I be able to buy him out of the property.I dont understand how this process works and would be grateful if anyone could explain it to me.Also I plan to sell the house eventually after maybe a year or a year and a half down the line.Would it be more beneficial to change the mortgage to an interest only one(its repayment at the mo).Would this cut the payments down abit.Any help thanks

I would definitely recommend a chat with both a solicitor and an accountant - you need to ensure that you work to existing agreements, and also ensure that you do so in such a way as to not jeopardise your current standing.

Sorry can't be more specific, but this is an instance where professional advice is really required, IMO.

Comment

Working...
    X