Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are 106 contributions voluntary

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are 106 contributions voluntary

hi there

i hope i am on the right part of the forum. i wondered whether anybody would know the answer to this. we applied for planning and agreed to pay the council's 106 contribution which i believe was 'voluntary' but would affect how the council 'viewed' the application. the charge of £2500.00 seemed very unfair as we were only creating one more small unit. we got turned down for planning. when we reapplied, for a smaller extra unit, it would have qualified for 106 at £1250.00 but the council did not ask us to sign a new agreement.(an oversight presumably) this was a new planning application.
    i am now concerned that the council can ask us to pay this contribution retrospectively even though we didn't agree to do so. the council charge whacking great fees for every aspect of planning and building regs. so i dont feel unreasonable in avoiding the 106 but wondered what the legal situation was. any clever folk out there know the answer??? many thanks
Working...
X