Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builder Covenant high Fee for letter of concent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Builder Covenant high Fee for letter of concent

I have recently asked my builder (house is 12 months old) for a letter of approval to allow me to build a conservatory as he has a covenant on the property.

He is asking for £500 !! is this fair as i understand it is only a letter from the builder and does not involve any solicitor. Is there any precident i can quote to get this amendid to a more realistic figure (i have been told this is usually about £50 to £100).

Any help would be appreciated.

RGM

Originally posted by rgm View Post
    I have recently asked my builder (house is 12 months old) for a letter of approval to allow me to build a conservatory as he has a covenant on the property.

He is asking for £500 !! is this fair as i understand it is only a letter from the builder and does not involve any solicitor. Is there any precident i can quote to get this amendid to a more realistic figure (i have been told this is usually about £50 to £100).

Any help would be appreciated.

RGM
    Can't think of one, but even if I could, I expect the builder wouldn't change his mind. Why should he?

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

Working...
    X