Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Planning Law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Law

HELP PLEASE
    We have lived on a medium sized estate --224 mixed dwellings--since our property was new in 1968.
    The Conveyance document from the original builder/ developer at that time clearly stated,for ALL dwelling on the Estate, that no building or structure SHALL be built in front of the Building Line.
    Our Local Planning body are planning to approve an alteration to a dwelling immediately behind our property.Access to the web page plans as submitted clearly shows the alterations to pass over the BL by some 1mtr
    We are not aware of any relaxation of the Conveyance onditions therefore are the Local Planners correct in disregarding this Conveyance condition ?

I assume proeprty is in England & wales - position may be different in Scotland although Planning Law is very similar, conveyancing is not.

Planning law and covenants have nothing to do with each other and the contents of covenants are irrelevant to planning considerations.

If the person entitled to enforce the covenants is concerned about it then no doubt he will take action to stop the alterations being carried out. The fatc that planning permision has been garnted would be irrelevant to his ability to enforce the covenants.

As a conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful but I accept no liability except to fee-paying clients
    RICHARD WEBSTERwww.rwco.co.uk
    As a conveyancing solicitor I want to be helpful (England/Wales only) but can't accept liability for this.

Comment

That is good to know thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X