Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Increase Property Value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase Property Value

Heya!

I'm looking to increase the value of my home, and I heard that having high tech looking gadgets in the home can have a psychological effect and make your home appear to be worth more (silly I know)

But I'm willing to give anything a go - any recommendations of any good looking products that will last a while (I plan on taking them with me when I move!)

Do some normal repairs and change your flooring and other things which can increase your home value. Or else ask any cash home buyers to know more about how to do that.

Comment

Making necessary repairs is important, especially for things that are very visible (damp, condensation etc) but buyers are often put off by houses that are overly cluttered or messy. It's almost silly, because they'll clean it up, but it gives an impression that if your home is a mess, there could be lots more problems. Get friends or relatives in to do a snagging list - there may be things you wouldn't even notice because you've got used to them - the open electrics, the damaged switches or lights, the crack in the front door?

Similarly, remove anything that's too audacious in terms of decor - repainting with neutral colours doesn't take too much time or money and will often make a room look bigger whilst allowing the viewers to visualise what they would do with the space. The fewer items, the bigger the space will look. If certain rooms are quite dark, even changing darker fabrics/curtains, and replacing bulbs with higher wattage will make a big difference.

Comment

I agree with AndiM that it's important to De-clutter and try to create a blank canvas, everyone has different tastes and empty space will make your house look larger. Infact he has mentioned a very important point about removing any signs of damp or condensation particularly as any damp / mould issues can halt the mortgage application process once spotted by a surveyor. I have seen this occur time and time again where the mortgage lender insists that any damp needs to be rectified before they will fully approve the loan, if this where to happen you may find that your buyer disappears! Back to your original question I actually recently wrote a post about how to sell your house fast before contacting a online house buyer and it has tips about staging your home http://directhousebuyer.co.uk/sell-h...contacting-us/
        Rick Budge
        http://www.directhousebuyer.co.uk

Comment

I know what you're saying about the tech, but don't tech up if it's for the sake of it because it's not cheap so could leave you no better off. I am a strong believer in the kitchen, dining/lounge and bedroom are the key points to any home, so ensuring that you are targeting your potential buyers. If it's 2+ bedroom home then consider the fact that it will be a family home, make it homely and good kitchen appliances are a good selling point.

There is no rule to meet all aside from a clean home with neutral colors which are often appealing to a new buyer to allow them to change where necessary.
          YesHomeBuyers are buying property.
          Tel: +44 800 133 7687 / Web: https://www.yeshomebuyers.com/

Comment

to sell house with high profit, I think you should pay more attention to your house and have a wise marketing strategy to get access to as many potential customers as possible.
            https://beatcolor.com/

Comment

Working...
            X