Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please

I need some advice in relation to the sale of my property. It is a leasehold flat and it currently has a tenant residing. I am giving notice via my letting agents who also manage the property which will be 2 months. The AST comes to an end on 28th April so I understand that we cannot give him notice for before that period. The buyer was unsure whether she was going to buy to let and keep the tenant on or vacant possession. She has since said she can't get a buy to let and will buy with vacant possession. The agent let slip to me yesterday that she intends to keep the tenant on but without the buy to let mortgage he will move out for one day and move back in again. My worries are that if I'm selling the property with vacant possession then the tenant will need to move all his furniture out and back in again. Also I don't believe the buyer's solicitor will want to exchange while there is a tenant in place. I think I have answered my own question here I don't want to lose the buyer and I'm sure nothing would go wrong but if it did I think I would be the only one at fault legally?

I will advise you to consult some professional for better advice.

Comment

Working...
    X