Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

selling property with investment from friend

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • selling property with investment from friend


    I have bought a house for investment but did not have enough money to do the extension, so one of my friend will invest around 40k to allow me to undertake the extension.

    What is the step I should to ensure he pays his own tax after the property is sold from his 40k gain and let HMRC know when I pay my tax.

    How do I let the solicitor know that he invested 40k in the property hence he should get his 40k worth of return into his account.

    any suggestions?

  • #2
    Hi. I know you might have done with this property dealing. I make sure to consult a lawyer in property matters. If the things does not turn out in your favor, you can consult a lawyer. I read about a lawyer Bechara Tarabay who provides the required services. The lawyer will make sure that you does not face any problem.


    • #3
      Hi I believe this kind of personal arrangement can be set in stone by drawing up a Deed of Trust. Use a solicitor for this as they will work out all the possible what if scenarios it will probably cost around five hundred to a thousand pounds.
      Rick Budge