Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solicitor requests planning permission. Don't have any???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitor requests planning permission. Don't have any???

Hi,

Slightly stressed! In process of selling our house. Things seem to be taking forever.

Received a letter today requesting planning permission or planning consent certificate for our wall we knocked out to make a large kitchen diner.

We did this 5 years ago and were told we did not need any planning permission.

We are sure the wall wasn't load bearing and the wall we knocked out was a single brick wall.

What do we do now they are requesting this. I'm having a total melt down with worry.

I have some old pics of the process if any one can tell if we needed permission or not.

Has any one had this problem?

Re: Solicitor requests planning permission. Don't have any???

Pics won't upload sorry

Comment

Hi. As far as I know the extension would have fallen under "permitted development"and would probably have only required permission or complainace with Building Regulations. Did you do the work yourself or did you use a builder? The request from the solicitor can be answered by stating that it was permitted development ( assuming it was).

Comment

The other thought that springs to mind is that you appear uncertain as to whether or not the wall was loadbearing. You may need to employ a structural engineeer to verify this. He will leave you with a document which could be given to your solicitor...assuming that the wall was indeed non-loadbearing.

Comment

Working...
        X