Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Lightning strike certificate needed for house sale?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lightning strike certificate needed for house sale?

    Hi all, the chimney in my house got struck by lightning in 2007 and I only bought the property in 2008. I am now selling the property and the buyers’ search show that there has been a building regulation application (‘Dangerous Structure- chimney damaged by lightning strike’ in 2007) but I don’t have anything on this.
    The buyers’ solicitors are asking for a lightning strike certificate- does anyone know from where I could get this?
    Thanks in advance!

  • #2
    Re: Lightning strike certificate needed for house sale?

    Hi, I have never heard of this either but usually if one is not in existence you can take out an indemnity policy to cover it (about £150).
    Jonathan Rolande
    Director of House Buy Fast.
    The UK's Quick House Buying Company
    01903 331 588.