Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


No announcement yet.

Delayed change in survey

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Delayed change in survey

    Hi All, new here and just after a bit of advice.

    We accepted an offer on our property on 18th may and had our offer on our new property accepted. All was going well then as expected all went quiet. I called for an update yesterday and had our tracking service updated by our solicitor. Now draft contracts initially went to our buyers over a month ago The date on the screen yesterday was yesterday's date.
    I then received a call from our EA today to advice the buyer wants to do a home buyers survey. They did a basic survey around 7 weeks ago and heard nothing on this so it seems odd. On questioning it Turns out there new lender had them change solicitors which we hadn't been advised (we were with same so initially as per EA instructions) But this lending won't allow this.
    question is should we have been advised of this and also what would be the reason for the hb report at this stage? Seems were going backwards.
    any help would be great. Thank you

  • #2
    Re: Delayed change in survey

    The first survey would have been a financial survey only. You say their NEW lender, so I presume their original lender wouldn't give them a mortgage. I am reading between the lines, and presume the property you are buying isn't particularly new, and therefor may require a more in depth report. Of course, you should be made aware of everything, and this should be down to your AE, your lender, and your solicitor.


    • #3
      Re: Delayed change in survey

      I imagine they kept quiet to avoid rattling you and jeopardising the sale. I’d apply pressure now ie a firm date to exchange or you’ll remarket.
      Jeff Djevdet
      Director of Speed Property Buyers.
      The UK’s Favourite Property Buyers
      01903 331 599.