Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling lifestyle business (with house) in countryside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling lifestyle business (with house) in countryside

Hi

My parents own a business in a tourist village in the Peak District. This is a converted barn with shop downstairs and living accomodation above it (4 bedroom, 2 bathroom) plus decent sized garden etc.

They have it on the market with an estate agent and business transfer agent. It has been on the market for over a year and the interest has been minimal.

I was wondering whether anybody had any advise on what else they may be able to do in order to increase interest levels? I think the package is reasonably priced, but the estate agent's answer is to reduce the price (as it would be).

Whilst I recognise the offering is on the niche side, this is a profitable lifestyle business, with generous family living accomodation, in an idyllic countryside location.

Any help/thoughts/ideas appreciated...

Thanks

Re: Selling lifestyle business (with house) in countryside

Yes it does sound a bit niche. Maybe get planning consent (but don’t do the work) to convert into self contained units, to turn the shop into a home etc. That may increase catchment of buyers. Consider changing agent. Listen to advice on price as if it isn’t selling, proof of the pudding etc..
    Jonathan Rolande
    Director of House Buy Fast.
    The UK's Quick House Buying Company
    01903 331 588.

Comment

Re: Selling lifestyle business (with house) in countryside

We manage a portfolio of around 1400 properties located all over the city so we have flats to rent in Edinburgh Umega Lettings.

Lettings Agents Edinburgh - Property Management Services

Comment

Working...
      X