Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd time, just about to fall through

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd time, just about to fall through

No doubt you will all take great pleasure in branding me a racist, but I have had enough.

First buyer (an Asian) decided to offer me £15k less of agreed sale shortly before exchange of contracts. Of course, I told him to p155 off. Second sale I had another offer from an another Asian. Both the wife and I had a bad feeling about this, but what can you do? Eight weeks later he has still not had a written offer. My estate agent allowed me listen in to a conversation he had with his financial adviser. In brief, it would appear the whole thing has been a set up. The buyer has submitted false figures to the lender via the financial adviser, which in turn means his offer will be less than he requires. I am therefore awaiting a phone call offering me less than the agreed amount. I have therefore put my property back on the market.

My advice, DO NOT SELL TO AN ASIAN

Re: 2nd time, just about to fall through

UPDATE. The buyer still hasn't got his mortgage, however I have just heard from sellers solicitor, and one of my sellers has been sectioned. This means she can't sign anything, and to get a deputy on board will take a mnimum of 3 months. In short, the chain is just about to fall apart.

Comment

Just an update. It did fall through as expected, and now I am on buyer number 3. Fortunately my house has sold within a few days on all 3 occasions. Thank God, this time it isn't an Asian buyer. The first buyer wanted me to drop the price by £15k after six weeks into the conveyance, and the 2nd buyer took 10 weeks to find out he couldn't get a mortgage because he never managed to to keep his books in order. One of my vendors has been sectioned, and can't sign the paperwork, and my solicitors are the slowest on Earth. I really hate this moving lark !!

Comment

I'm not sure how I've missed this in the past so apologies for delay in replying!

It does sound like you've had your share of bad luck from all angles. When I purchased a residential property about 12 years ago, the house was being sold by an elderly couple who had recently gone into a home due to deteriorating health and about a month into the process, the husband died so all rights, etc were in the process of being transferred to the wife and the children as the 'heirs' but within 2 weeks, sadly the wife then had a heart attack and died aswell!

I made it clear I was happy to wait because really wanted the house but after a number of weeks of slow to no movement, I was being pestered by the mortgage company but me, the agents and the solicitors felt really bad trying to chase up the deeds with the children due to losing both parents within weeks of each other.

It eventually went through but knowing how painful and slow that process was, I feel for you and the issues you're having!

Comment

Originally posted by Barny View Post
          I'm not sure how I've missed this in the past so apologies for delay in replying!

It does sound like you've had your share of bad luck from all angles. When I purchased a residential property about 12 years ago, the house was being sold by an elderly couple who had recently gone into a home due to deteriorating health and about a month into the process, the husband died so all rights, etc were in the process of being transferred to the wife and the children as the 'heirs' but within 2 weeks, sadly the wife then had a heart attack and died aswell!

I made it clear I was happy to wait because really wanted the house but after a number of weeks of slow to no movement, I was being pestered by the mortgage company but me, the agents and the solicitors felt really bad trying to chase up the deeds with the children due to losing both parents within weeks of each other.

It eventually went through but knowing how painful and slow that process was, I feel for you and the issues you're having!
          ==============

The plot thickens even further. I was getting no feed back from the sellers estate agent, other than she hoped it would be OK. After a month the solicitor hadn't even bothered to submit the papers, albeit the other seller (the one who isn't sectioned) had returned his paperwork because of his dementia. I asked my estate agent to ring their solicitor, which he did, with me listening into the conversation. The solicitor (a woman) was the rudest most vile person I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. She blatantly refused to give any time scales, and told him that if his buyer (me) wasn't happy with the situation I could pull out. As a result of this phone call, that is exactly what I did. In a few days after I have found a new home, I will right to the vendor explaining to him why have pulled out.

Comment

Another update. Looking good this time. Have bought a bungalow in a little village close to the sea in Lincolnshire. It has 3 beds, a large kitchen, en suit, utility room, large living room/diner, garage, boarded loft, and massive landscaped garden. It is in very good condition, and cost me £180k. Now where I live at the moment it would cost about £370k. I just hope it happens this time !!

Comment

Working...
            X