Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Struggling to Sell, Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling to Sell, Help

Hi

I decided to sell my house about 5 months ago. I got three valuations done, all came in at the same price - £120,000. All advised that it was a desirable property and should sell quickly. I decided to go with the estate agent that came recommended through a friend. 2 months later no offers, so I went multi agency with another estate agent to get the property on Zoopla (it was only on Rightmove and On The Market with the original agent). Another 2 months still no joy.

Having done a bit of research on Rightmove I realised that similar properties to mine have averaged at a selling price of £105,000 over the last 2 years. It seems that I am overpriced.

I have now been advised to move to yet another estate agent (the biggest in town) and drop my price to £110,000, and not to consider dropping it with the estate agents I am currently with as it will then have less impact when I do change agent. Unfortunately I am tied into my current contracts for another month.

What should I do, I figure the options are to drop the price now to £110,000 and not bother moving agents again? Drop to £115,000 now and £110,000 in a month when I move? Or as already advised keep at £120,000 till I move?

I am desperate to sell.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Re: Struggling to Sell, Help

Don’t wait to change agents, drop now. It will reawaken interest on the portals and will hopefully do the trick. Good luck.
    Jonathan Rolande
    Director of House Buy Fast.
    The UK's Quick House Buying Company
    01903 331 588.

Comment

we were in a similar position as you,valued at 132,000 and nothing we were gonna move but decided to change price to offers over 125,000 got more interest and bingo sold,good luck.

Comment

Try and make sure your houses is not cluttered and i know this sounds stupid but purchasers want to see how they can put their stamp on the property and not look at the house/flat as it stands.
        http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
        [email protected]

Comment

For any viewings that you have had, what has the feedback been? Are people saying "Yes, we like the house but feel it's over priced"?

Comment

Originally posted by Troubled Seller View Post
            Hi

I decided to sell my house about 5 months ago. I got three valuations done, all came in at the same price - £120,000. All advised that it was a desirable property and should sell quickly. I decided to go with the estate agent that came recommended through a friend. 2 months later no offers, so I went multi agency with another estate agent to get the property on Zoopla (it was only on Rightmove and On The Market with the original agent). Another 2 months still no joy.

Having done a bit of research on Rightmove I realised that similar properties to mine have averaged at a selling price of £105,000 over the last 2 years. It seems that I am overpriced.

I have now been advised to move to yet another estate agent (the biggest in town) and drop my price to £110,000, and not to consider dropping it with the estate agents I am currently with as it will then have less impact when I do change agent. Unfortunately I am tied into my current contracts for another month.

What should I do, I figure the options are to drop the price now to £110,000 and not bother moving agents again? Drop to £115,000 now and £110,000 in a month when I move? Or as already advised keep at £120,000 till I move?

I am desperate to sell.

Thanks for any advice offered.
            =================

This may sound harsh, but selling property is easy, it just needs to be the right price. Ask yourself this, if you put your property on the market at £60k would it sell, of course. If you put it on at £90k, of course. The answer is therefore the price. The price it will sell at may not be the price you want, but it will be the right price for the property.

Comment

Working...
            X