Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7 months on the market and no viewings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 months on the market and no viewings

My property has been on the market for 7 months and I haven't had a single viewing.
    I originally went with an Internet only estate agent who valued my property at £800k, which I personally thought was a bit ambitious . The property was marketed with professional photography and was put on Rigtmove, Zoopla, Prime Location and their own website.
    After 6 weeks and no interest I was advised to reduce the asking price. I then lowered the price to £750k. I stayed with this agent for a further 14 weeks and still had no interest.
    I thought I should change agents and go with a more traditional High St agent. I had a further 3 High St agents value my property from £725k - £750k. After much deliberation I went with a agent with great marketing techniques and put the house on the market for £750k. After 6 weeks on the market I was advised to reduce the price again . My house has now been on the market for £725k for 4 weeks and I still haven't had a single viewing.
    My property is in a semi-rural location and both agents say this could be the reason for no viewings. It is now competively priced for my area and is in very good decorative order.

Am I being too inpatient ? Both agents say that my property is unique and all it needs is that one person to walk through the door and they will fall in love with it. I've got a further 6 weeks left with my current estate agent.

Any comments and advice would be greatly appreciated..

Re: 7 months on the market and no viewings

Some reason my posts are being deleted, but I will have another ago, and if that doesn't work I will just cancel my subscription.

This post is not meant to patronising, so please forgive me if it comes over that way. I may be completely wrong, and making incorrect presumptions, but I am guessing you are a person of more mature years. Having visited many bungalows before choosing the one I am buying, I made the observation that older people don't present property well. Unless you live in an area where property just doesn't sell very quickly, or the property is incredibly quirky, you should of had several viewings by now. The walls need to be a neutral colour, make sure you don't have flowery curtains or carpets, and for god's sake make sure there is no clutter. People struggle to see beyond family photos and darts trophies.

If the price is right, and the presentation correct, you really should be on the way to selling your property.

Comment

No I'm not of mature years. We inherited the Bungalow from my in laws who both passed away. In the last 3 years we have completely updated the interior to be of a more contemporary style. 2 new bathrooms, open plan fully fitted kitchen/dining/ family room.
      We are a family of 4 with 2 children 13 and 10 living here. Before we marketed the house we completely decluttered.
      It is presented in a way in which Phil Spencer - Special agent wouldn't have to do anything to it .

Why no viewings ???

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkyg8 View Post
        No I'm not of mature years. We inherited the Bungalow from my in laws who both passed away. In the last 3 years we have completely updated the interior to be of a more contemporary style. 2 new bathrooms, open plan fully fitted kitchen/dining/ family room.
        We are a family of 4 with 2 children 13 and 10 living here. Before we marketed the house we completely decluttered.
        It is presented in a way in which Phil Spencer - Special agent wouldn't have to do anything to it .

Why no viewings ???
        Sorry about that. I had replied to the wrong post, and the idiot who wrote the software for this site won't allow edits after 10 minutes.

Comment

No viewings because no one wants it at that price at this point in time, being quite rural may narrow down the potential buyer list, but perhaps factors such as the election (uncertainty) mortgage availability (much stricter these days) have been a barrier to a sale for you. A sure fire way to sell is to look at similar local properties and ask for less than those are asking.

If you can, have you thought about holding onto it a while longer, perhaps renting it out, until mortgage availability and change of government are no longer an issue? Prices tend to rise, so you will have a better chance of getting the sort of figure you're after in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X