Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why only Asian Buyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why only Asian Buyers

Before I go any further, I must not racist, and this is just an observation.

When I put my house up for sale there were 3 calls, and all from Asian people. The first one decided to make an offer and we progressed from there. He later decided he wanted to pay £15k less than agreed, and in turn I told him where he could get off. The house went back on the market two days ago and I have had 4 viewings, 3 from Asian buyers. I live in Milton Keynes, and whilst there is a degree of diversity, it certainly isn't like places such as Bradford, or Southall. My estate agent has informed me that every property he is selling tells a similar story. For the life of me I just can't figure out why this is the case. Needless to say, Asian buyers are not inferior to any other buyer, however they do have a set of values that are contrary to most other cultures. They want what is best for themselves and their families, and if this means trampling on someone who gets in their way, so be it. My last buyer new full well my wife and had given up work to move to our new property 126 miles away. After a down valuation, and despite the fact he had more than enough money to fund a larger deposit, he decided to forget the values of integrity, and insisted he buy the property for significantly less than it's true value. Having spoken to many other people on this matter, this is not uncommon amongst Asian buyers. I shall of course sell my property who ever wants to buy it, but I just can't help having reservations.
    Last edited by Mr Spur; 01-05-2015, 09:29 AM.

Re: Why only Asian Buyers

It's good to see that political correctness has got the better of everyone, and nobody wants to comment !!

Comment

Working...
    X