Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we doing wrong?

We've been on the market for 2 months and after a slow start, we've had 8/9 viewings but no offers.

Houses with a similar spec to ours within 5 miles are up for more and have sold fast, others at the same price but in need of modernisation or full of clutter have also sold. We've dropped the price by £5k and are due to change agents soon but I just don't know what's wrong with ours.

The pics are awful but we've been getting viewings so it can't be the pictures....?

Re: What are we doing wrong?

Hi Josephine,

Why are you saying the pics are awful. Is that of your property or of the others that have sold?

Ged
    http://www.premierexpatmortgages.com
    [email protected]

Comment

After every viewing the potential buyers should be giving feedback to the agents and you as the seller should be supplied this feedback in order to act on it and try to improve on whatever the reason for the buyer saying they're not interested.

You're the seller and it's you that will be paying the agents £000's to sell your property and therefore you're well within your rights to be breathing down their necks demanding feedback and updates as to what needs to be done to sell your house and don't just take the 'It's overpriced, you need to reduce the sale price' as the reason if you can prove there are other similar priced, but poorly maintained properties on the market.

Comment

Get professional photos if yours are no good, viewers look back on them post viewing so may still put them off. Get a board up if not already, go multi agent. That should do the trick hopefully.
        Jonathan Rolande
        Director of House Buy Fast.
        The UK's Quick House Buying Company
        01903 331 588.

Comment

I think better pictures could help, Just adding more photos from different angles that can make a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Bruce View Post
            I think better pictures could help, Just adding more photos from different angles that can make a big difference
            Your right. Rightmove don't charge anymore if you put 30 pictures on, or 3. I can only presume that most estate agents are just lazy. My estate agent put 32 photos on, and is prepared to more on if I wish. It is also VERY importnat to include a floor plan

Comment

Working...
            X