Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inconsiderate viewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inconsiderate viewers

I don't know how others think of this but I am sick and tired of people coming out to our house only to discover that next door is not to their liking. Why on Earth aren't people looking on the street view of Google Maps???? Also a bone of contention is that people living in the area don't do a 'drive past' before making an appointment to view our house. It makes me so mad. Most of the people who come to see the house love it but don't like the scruffiness of the neighbours garden. He has been building an extension for years and won't get on with it!
    Myself and my partner ALWAYS go and see the area and view a house from the outside before making an appointment. Went to see three recently and was a fair drive (30miles) only to find we didn't like the area. By being considerate, we didn't have to bother the vendors and build their hopes up. Why can't others do the same? We put in a lot of work when people are coming round as we have a few indoor cats and we get them, their trays, and bowls all out of the house beforehand.

I do, however, understand that people coming from another county don't have the luxury of doing a 'drive past' but there is still the 'street view'.

Re: Inconsiderate viewers

Hi Lintama,

As an estate agent ourselves we fully appreciate the problem!

Couple things you could do dependant on circumstance.

1, If you are on talking terms with you neighbour have a chat with him and explain how his property is effecting your move and if he could speed up the process or tidy up. Sometimes neighbours don't know they are an issue and happy to help.

2, If the problem is not going away speak with your estate agent they can do one of two things, they can qualify all potential viewers and either insist they look from the outside first or they could even highlight the neighbours property and put a positive spin on it as they care for their home its such a lovely place they want to stay and extend.

Best of luck with your sale!
    Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
    http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

I personally would prefer to get people through the door rather than not, viewing can actually change a person who might be sitting on the fence to a positive position.

However, I think as a matter of courtesy the viewer should at least provide feedback. I find not doing that is just rude.

Comment

So today we had a viewing scheduled for which I spent all day yesterday cleaning & tidying, and we cancelled our Mother's Day plans. The EA showed up at 11.45 as planned, his phone rang, the viewers have cancelled. ��

Comment

It sounds more like an inconsiderate next door neighbor to me. I went to view a property a few weeks ago and the next door neighbor had an ice cream van. The viewing then became a waist of time for both the vendor and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Spur View Post
            It sounds more like an inconsiderate next door neighbor to me. I went to view a property a few weeks ago and the next door neighbor had an ice cream van. The viewing then became a waist of time for both the vendor and myself.
            Why? Do you not like ice cream?

Comment

Originally posted by Barny View Post
              Why? Do you not like ice cream?
              I wouldn't consider living anywhere near a house with a van, let alone an ice cream van

Comment

Working...
              X