Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems selling flat in london

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems selling flat in london

Hi everyone,

We've had our one bed flat in SW2 (London) on the market for six weeks now - we've had about 9 viewings with no-one coming back for another one.. Estate agent is very cagey with the feedback - he says no-one would mention price as its an un-british thing to do.
    We were originally on for £375k - pulled it down to £350k on the advice of the agent (for a quick sale apparently) and we've had 5 viewings in the four weeks since then.. Unfortunately we are stuck in a 12 week sole agency agreement and the only way we will stimulate interest is if we drop the price by another £25k (according to the agent) Am I being too impatient? or is the agent rubbish? Anyone else had any similar experiences in London? has the market cooled this much?

Re: Problems selling flat in london

Hi,

Sorry to hear that. This year it should take less time (on average) to sell your property in London as the housing demand is high. I have read that people should expect to sell their property within 1-2 months. I would recommend to stay patient and change agency as soon as possible in case there is no luck in the near future. I had been struggling to sell my property in London back in 2009 but it was just a bad agency. So if you have friends or relatives who can recommend you a good agency that should be helpful. From my own experience I would recommend and of course patience!

Comment

I always think if the viewings are coming then the agents marketing must be working..

If you continue to get viewings with no offers then the ugly truth is that the viewers are thinking there are better things out there and it is usually price related!

Comment

here are anyone who can help me to sell my flat that is in London city
        Property To Rent

Comment

Working...
        X