Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing estate agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing estate agent

can anyone advise me we have had our home on the market for 3 1/2 year with only one viewing in all that time we even had to ask the agent the outcome of this as they never got back to us about it they have advertised it on the internet but they don't seem as though they are trying when we question them they just say houses aren't selling can we change agents without incurring any fees from them as really they are not doing what we are expected to pay them for

Re: changing estate agent

Depends on what sort of contract you have with them, is it a sole contract or a multi agent? why have you been with them for so long if they are not performing ?

Comment

Try another letting agents that will help you according to your criteria
      for selling home.
      ]
      Lettings Agents Edinburgh - Property Management Services

Comment

its ok, but can you please share other agents details
        Property To Rent

Comment

HI as an estate agent, i am sadden to hear the service you received! - if i read correctly you have been on for 3 and a half years? - I would assume you are out of your contract with the agent and if you have asked them to revisit and have not they have breached service levels. I would suggest just sending them an email and saying you are no longer advertising with them and approach another estate agent. I would also advise getting three property valuations and see who you like best and what your fee will by inregards to marketing. Try and choose three very different agent, A large corporate, family independent and maybe the one you see the most for sale boards with. Good luck!
          Jacks and Jones Estate Agents
          http://www.jacksandjones.co.uk

Comment

Not good. Read your contract but in general you should be free to leave with written notice. Maybe try an online agent like Tepillo or GetAnOffer for a breath of fresh air.
            Jonathan Rolande
            Director of House Buy Fast.
            The UK's Quick House Buying Company
            01903 331 588.

Comment

The first thing I would say is have a look at your property, it really can't be all the estate agents fault.

I used a private estate agent who works his nuts off. He will do viewings from 9am till 10pm 7 days a week. I find it incredible that so many estate agents will only do viewings when everyone else is at work. My guy charged me half a percent, and tied me into no contract. Forget the big local names, the market has changed now, and nearly everyone views their property through the internet.

Comment

If you're not happy with your agent, always speak to them first, explaining why you're dissatisfied.However, if you do wish to change to another agency, you should check the terms of your agreement to see if this is possible.if it is possible then move on

Comment

We are looking at online estate agents at the moment - emoov and epropertyuk. have you looked yet?

Comment

Use a private estate agent. There is no reason to use a high street one, as 99% of properties are viewed through the internet. Mine views from 9am to 10pm 7 day a week. Send him an email at 6am, and it pings back by 6.15am. All that for half a percent. These people exist, just look for them !!

Finally, remember this. Every property has a price, it just may be that yours is the price you want !!

Comment

Look careful and I know it may sound cheese, but the quality has a price, so do not trust some random guy or whatever. There are some good advices above. A private estate agent is much preferred option.

Comment

Working...
                      X