Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling my property - needing reassurances/compensations in case the buyer pulls out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my property - needing reassurances/compensations in case the buyer pulls out

Hello everyone.

I am in the process of selling my house, and I have accepted an offer. The buyer seems to be very keen and has offered me a good price.

However before I go ahead with the sale, I also need to find a another house to buy. So I will need some time to find it.

I do not wish to rent out because I simply cannot afford to.

Therefore is there any reassurance options I can agree with the buyer to stop him pulling out of the deal? Or to recover some form of compensation if he does pull out?

By reassurance I mean things like deposits and/or a set timescale agreement to find my new home.

I've previously had 2 buyers pull out, both almost right towards the exchange of contracts so I simply cannot afford the same thing happen again. It's caused my family a lot of grief and despair.

Anyone advise? Thanks in advance.
Working...
X