Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slow solicitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow solicitor

Hello

We are in the process of selling our house and buying another but our buyers solicitor seems to be taking ages sorting things out.
    At first we thought our buyer was deliberately slowing the process down because he had had problems getting his finances put in place but in the last 6 weeks when I contacted my solicitor they told us they were not getting responses to any faxes, emails or letters from my buyers solicitors.
    We are concerned that if we are getting problems before Exchange of Contracts something could go wrong on moving day.
    Has anybody had similar experiences and what was the conclusion?

Thanks for any responses.

Borgetti

Re: slow solicitor

I would move away from your solicitor as quickly as possible. There might be a reason that they are actively ignoring this prospective buyer (perhaps they know that the funds are just not there) but it sounds like they might be overwhelmed with their job. This would be a good time to change.
    Has anyone bought from http://www.gardencentredirect.co.uk ?

Comment

Working...
    X