Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewings Slowing Down - Feedback/Advice Appreciated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viewings Slowing Down - Feedback/Advice Appreciated!

Hi there,

I have just stumbled across the website and forums last night have already found them really useful.

My husband and I are currently trying to sell our flat, it has only been on 3 weeks and we had 3 viwers within the first 4 days of being on the market but it has been pretty much radio silence since then and we are starting to get a little worried.

We are hoping to buy a new home with Persimmons and as part of their deal they are coverig the cost of the Estate Agents. This means however we have a limited amouu of time to sell (roughly 10-12 weeks) before they could pull the plug as our potential new home will be ready by then.

We bought our flat in 2007 (you already see where this is going...) and paid completely over the odds for it and had to do allot of work to it to make it liveable. We spent over 10,000 renovating and now we are in the situation that we have lost roughly 15,000 on it.

With regards to viewers, as I mentioned we had 3 and one asked for the home report which seeemed positive however, the EA only managed to get feedback from 1 person who said they loved the flat but the communal stairwell put her off. The flat is a Glasgow Tenement so over 100 years old and since it is factored we have we little control over the paint etc.

One of the other viewers was an investor looking to buy to let. She loved the flat and said she would be in touch with the EA to get the home report but we have never been able to get in touch with her since.

It has now been just under 3 weeks since our last viewing and I just want to make sure we are being proactive to try and sell our flat and wanted any feedback or advice people may have.

We have already contacted over 20 letting agencies to see if they have any Landlords on their books that would be interested but any other help would be greatly appreciated!
Working...
X