Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling - yet I've have had to pay for the searches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling - yet I've have had to pay for the searches?

I am in the process of selling my house. My buyers solicitor seems to be the most useless man on the planet! He keeps coming up with things that have been missed in the searches he has done and we have had to pay for various planning documents, agreements, etc to be done and sent to him.

I thought the buyer pays for all the searches they require??

It now turns out that his solicitor used a 'private search provider' and from research we've done it would seem that these often don't do a full proper search, and often miss things out - hence they are cheaper.

It seems like we have had to pay for our buyers substandard searching, how can this be right???

Any ideas where we stand with getting this money back?
    It only amounts to a couple of hundred pounds, but thats not the point really.

Any help gratefully received!
Working...
X