Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No viewings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No viewings

Hi everyone

My house has been up for sale for 2 months and I've had no viewings! I have thought of reducing the asking price but my hubby doesn't want to yet!

This is our house, any advice would be appreciated! I'm not sure whether we should change estate agents but to be honest looking from a buyers point of view, I always go to rightmove and zoopla when searching and don't bother what estate agents its listed with so not sure if it would make a difference?

2 bedroom terraced house for sale in Devonshire Street, Accrington, BB5

Re: No viewings

I would assume it is because of the time you placed the ad. Around October is usually the worst time to try and sell since that is the quietest time of the year. Not only that, Christmas is around the corner people tend not to want to invest in something so large. I don't really see anything else wrong other than the time you have chosen to sell.

Comment

hi there apparently market should pick up from January. Only thing I can see is the outside of your house needs a little more kerb appeal and the kids bedroom could do with decluttering. It looks like you are running out of space. Good luck.

Comment

A few potential things to consider as to why you have had no viewings:

1. As others have said, the time of year you put it on for sale has a big part to play. The market picks up considerably in January, so don't fret!

2. Do you believe you have it on at the correct price? I don't have a personal opinion on this, but you should compare it with other properties in the locality that are for sale, of a similar size/position. (you can do this on Zoopla, as well as checking what other similar properties have sold for recently)

3.There doesn't seem to be a floor plan available on the Rightmove listing (small thing, but often something buyers will look for to get a good feel for the size)
        Amie Gramlick
        www.howtohomebuy.co.uk
        HowToHomeBuy.co.uk
        Providing free, independent advice for home buyers

Comment

I'm not good in selling house but I guess you have to check your price and compare it on other house selling same price as you.

Comment

I think it was wrong time....The market picks up considerably in this month..!

Comment

Dear Ellie Bank, i have been trying to sell my mum' flat for 6 months. Like others have said you need specific feedbacks from E. agents. Either too cluttered, or decor or price or repairs needed. Also you can put "offers accepted" on ad.
              I have done all these things and i am still having problems. Also, you can go with as many estate agents as you like.

Comment

The problem is the date as many users mentioned above. Additionally i would consider changing kids room photo.

Comment

Congratulations. Rightmove suggests your house has been sold stc. Hope it works out for you.

Comment

I agree that the time is very critical when it comes to that, so there's nothing to worry about.

Comment

Working...
                    X