Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felt estate agent put me under pressure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felt estate agent put me under pressure

Hi Everyone, I'm a 65yr old lady pensioner & I live on my own. The construction of my house is such that I have to have a cash buyer. I suffer from a lot of health problems, the main one being Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. My house is up for sale for £85,000 from August this year. I need to move because of my health problems as the area I live in is very hilly, a mile from town, also very isolated & due to nervous anxiety & panic attacks I really need to move to a town. I don't drive & can't get on a bus because of my panic & anxiety.

This week I got an offer of £67,000 (the highest so far). To cut a long story short I feel that my estate agent put pressure on me to accept the above offer. I will have to move to privately rented accommodation & the estate agent has found me two houses to view tomorrow (Thurs 23rd Oct) & is driving me to view them. I am limited in my choice of properties as I have 2 dogs & 2 cats.

I rang estate agent back about 10mins later & said I wanted to wait till I found somewhere suitable before starting the sale but she said it was to late as she'd already rang the buyers & told them I'd accepted their offer. I rang again to-day Wed 22nd Oct, it was her day of & told the other agent I felt I'd been pressurised to accept the offer. She rang the buyer & rang me back to say the buyer had already been in touch with their Solicitor to start the sale but had said to tell me not to worry as she wouldn't try to force me out of my house.

My question is can I stop this sale as I don't want to end up somewhere unsuitable just because I felt to scared to say what I wanted to?

Sorry this is so long but this has made my anxiety etc., a lot worse & I need some advice before this situation I find myself in goes any further. I am going to ring CAB as well but found this forum & hope someone can advise me please. Regards, PDB

Re: Felt estate agent put me under pressure

You haven't agreed a sale until you've signed the contracts.

Comment

Re: Felt estate agent put me under pressure

Unbelievable how the estate agents putting pressure on you darling! Pathetic! You got all the rights to back off from the deal as long as you haven't signed any contract. Just be very straight and tell them you don't want this deal. How dare they pressurize?!

Comment

Working...
      X