Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No cavity wall cert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cavity wall cert

Hi all I'm selling my house at present , we had buyer and we were at late stage in selling , mu buyers bank want cavity wall cert , we have lost it as it was 16 years ago , we had gable wall took down and rebuilt , it was all passed by engineer , but we could loose the sale , what can I do to prove I've had this work done , do I get my surveyer to confirm this , as they want oay for survey , they had homebuyers report done on our house and they found no issues with walls ,, i just don't know what to do for the best , can anybody out there give me advice on what I do thanks

Re: No cavity wall cert

Speak to your agent, you have 2 options.

The first would be that you fully explain the situation to the agent and ask them to fully explain the situation to the buyer. As far as I know cavity wall insulation is requirement for a lender or legally for a purchase. When you fill out your initial paperwork for sale stating all work on the property you have likely stated that you have had cavity wall insulation done and now you cant provide evidence. It is more a problem of lack of evidence than it is, lack of insulation.

It is highly likely that the purchaser doesn't even know their solicitor is requesting this and moreover doesnt mind if you have the guarantee or not. A good agent would be able to get the purchaser to "take a view" on this issue and ask their solicitor to drop the enquiry. If that doesn't work there is option 2 - your solicitor may be able to source an indemnity to cover the lack of guarantee. This will cost you, not the purchaser, as the onus is on you to provide evidence of what the purchaser is buying.

Let me know how you get on.

Comment

Re: No cavity wall cert

This is slightly, and I stress slightly lol, to the situation I have just posted about. Maybe I can get an indemnity?

Comment

Working...
      X