Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

up for sale 3 years and still not sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• up for sale 3 years and still not sold

hi everyone, im new to this so please bear with me.
    basically the house has been up for sale for 3yrs and during this time overall had around 10 viewers.
    no offers. we have reduced it in total by £10,000.
    it is cheaper by over £13,000 than other 4 bed detached houses in my area.
    only faults we have had reported from viewers was the size of the kitchen.
    i have tried phoning and annoying the estate agent but get no luck. has the fee was paid upfront they just arn't interested.
    ive asked for new photos taking but have been told i have to take them and upload.
    is my only option to change estate agents?

Re: up for sale 3 years and still not sold

Hi, you can probably try another agent, but you can also try marketing it yourself. Where abouts in the country is it? Also what is the size of the kitchen?
    Helping people to sell their homes all over the UK
    http://www.swift-property-sale.co.uk/

Comment

The main barrier is usually price - you say other 4-bedrooms are more expensive, but by the sounds of it they are completely different designs. By your mentioning a small kitchen, I would presume the property in general does not have as much space as the other properties?

As always, price to sell, and if it doesn't, the only sure fire way to complete is to discount further.

Comment

Why not get advice from a few other agents. Not just on price but on presentation, etc.

Comment

It's not bad to find another agent that will qualified your needs. Selling house isn't that really easy, you need to wait but do all the possible way to get caught by someone who is interested with your house. You can also try to market your house by yourself. Uploading images, pricing it right.

Comment

Working...
          X