Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice to increase viewings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice to increase viewings

Hi, hope you can help with this. We're trying to sell our house i Brentwood. It's been on the market since May and we had a handful of viewers. However, I wondered if there's something we can improve. It's on with an agent and appeared on Zoopla, home.co.uk and rightmove. It's very clean, there are no personal pictures or anything. The back and front-gardens haven been tidied up and the pictures looks nice as well. Well, at least according to the people we asked. We hadn't had anyone viewing for over 2 weeks now and I hoped maybe someone here could give an advise. It's also been reduced recently and the website viewings have gone up, but they obviously didn't lead to any more physical viewings. I know it has not been on for long, but I don't want to leave if for too long if there's something we can improve. Thanks very much
    3 bedroom semi detached house for sale in Iris Close, Pilgrims Hatch, Brentwood CM15 - 28904444 - Zoopla

Re: Advice to increase viewings

I'm starting to get a bit anxious now. There are still no viewings, even though people seem to look at it online a lot. I'm wondering what's wrong with it. The price has been dropped already. The house is the same build as a lot of other properties in this area, and slightly cheaper, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

Comment

It certainly looks fine from the pictures. You say it is slightly cheaper than others but are they selling ? and, if so, why do you think they are and not yours. See what information you can get from your agent on recent property sales.

Comment

That's the thing. They do sell. I already checked, same lay out and everything and more expensive. I have no idea why we don't get any viewers. We already spoke to the agent and they don't seem to see a reason. They said nobody has mentioned anything negative and seem to be convinced the house would sell quick, if we could get anybody through the door. Neigbours are nice as well - so it's not as if we had the
        neighbourhood from hell. I was hoping someone here could see something we don't.
        Last edited by WendyMiller; 25-06-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Have had another look at the pictures. I noted you said you'd decluttered but I am not a great believer in taking everything out as it can look too clinical. The odd rug or cushion does add a touch of colour and a bit of warmth. This is your home and you want people to imagine it as their home too.
          The living room looks a bit 'corridorish' Why not try taking some photos yourself from different angles and see if there are any you think are better.

Comment

Hi Wendy,

Why don't you place your own advert on visum and gum tree. I'm a property land lord and this works for me.

Let me know if you need further advice.

Comment

Hi,

thanks for all your helpful advice so far. I have advertised the house on gumtree and had 79 full views so far. No-one has arranged a viewing yet, but it's just been there for a only week - so it's probably still early days. i never used Visum, so I might give that a go.
              Maybe to make the living room look a bit cosier is a good advice. It's just a bit confusing because everybody says something different and mostly the advice given is to declutter it as much as possible, but you never know - it might do the trick. Thanks

Comment

Living room and kitchen look tiny. For £282k I would expect more. Simply commenting.

Comment

Thanks for your comment. Everything helps. So, just fire away, please.
                  You're right, the kitchen is not very big. The living room is actually not that small. It's not huge, but not small either. Maybe we should take another picture from a different angle. The houses around here are all more or less the same size and the sale price for them is higher than ours as we dropped already. I checked them out, so I'm not just guessing to make myself feel better:-) Seems like this is the normal price for property here for a 3 bed semi- detached, as it's pretty close and easily commutable to London. But we're definitely thinking about dropping the price at the moment to have an advantage over the other properties advertised for sale here. I'm a strong believer in "a property is worth what someone will pay for it."

Comment

Hi there!

I would advice to make a free blog for your house and post more images of your house that will attract the buyers, posting images will really help you a lot plus make sure that you will price it right.

Comment

I don't know the area, but thought the rooms were bland, no decoration, themes etc. I would add wall art, vases, flowers, plants etc. Not sure of lay out of living room. Is there 1 sofa? If there are 2 i was always told to have them facing each other with coffee table in middle. How's about wall decals?

Comment

There are usually 2 main reasons that I find will prevent me from getting viewings on a property!

1. The pictures are bland and not exciting the potential buyers.
                        2. The price is not attractive enough compared to what else is available in the area!

Ask your agent what your "Click Through Rate is?" if it is a higher than 5% which is the average then people are looking further and showing an interest!

Also ask what the saving rate online is? If you have large amounts of people watching your home but not viewing then they are sat there watching and waiting for something to change? Which would be the price!

Comment

Working...
                        X