Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

building regulations for extension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building regulations for extension

I am currently trying to sell my home we had an offer which we accepted 6 weeks ago but when they got a valuation done our "extension" was said to be single brick which MAY cause damp. The extension is a 70 year old out house which is attached to the house and is now our kitchen every house down our street has it and in the original deeds it is shown on the drawing. We had it dry lined years ago but the buyer was not happy and so paid for an extensive survey which confirmed that we were telling the truth and that the house is in a perfect condition however now she wants building regulations of when the extension took place (to my knowledge its always been here and is drawn on the land registry documents of 1937) and a final completion certificate of extension (again I don't think this exists). I keep thinking she is clinging onto this to try and lower the price but when these documents can't be produced I don't know what to do?
Working...
X