Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to exchange contracts in only 4 weeks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to exchange contracts in only 4 weeks?

My house has been on the market since mid February. It is only a two bedroom terrace priced average for this type of thing in this area. I am now under a lot of pressure to sell and was wondering what everyone thought.

I was thinking of dropping to offers over £140,000 for a quick sale. I had a second opinion from another agent and he reckons it is priced as a three bed when it is now a two bed with an en-suite shower room and toilet to the second bedroom.

I need to sell quickly as the mortgage company won't wait any longer and I have high blood pressure as it is. I don't need the hassle.

Is it realistic to expect to exchange in four weeks is what I really want to know.

Re: Is it possible to exchange contracts in only 4 weeks?

The best way to sell quickly is to lower the price - as simple as that. Instruct your estate agent to price for a quicker sale if you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by brian View Post
      The best way to sell quickly is to lower the price - as simple as that. Instruct your estate agent to price for a quicker sale if you need it.
      Oh, I'm going to drop it by a lot, £30,000 in fact and offers over. But only to people who can exchange quickly. Thanks for replying.

Comment

Do you have comparables in your area to benchmark against?
        Helping people to sell their homes all over the UK
        http://www.swift-property-sale.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
        X