Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wedding done... Now time to move

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding done... Now time to move

I have recently got married and the next thing that is on my list is to move. I own the lease on a 7 year old ground floor 2 bedroom flat.

The long term plan was always to move after the wedding so we are starting to declutter looking at which rooms may need a bit of TLC.

There are two things that I could do with some assistance on.

Firstly - About 2 months ago the flat across the hallway, a mirror image of my own, was placed on the market. Upon returning I have noticed online that the price has been dropped slightly. When I saw this a few months ago I thought that it would be silly placing mine on the market with next door for sale, as supply and demand would only put the price down. What would be my best move?

Secondly - As I mentioned I have a two bedroom flat. The master bedroom is of a good size, and as when I bought the flat I was single, the second bedroom is a home office. I am happy to change things about, and it is certainly too small for a double bed. However it would fit nicely a single or a childs bed. I know that I should market my flat towards potential buyers and I very much doubt it would be suitable for 2 single occupants. I know next door have theirs as a gym with exercise bike and yoga mat. Should I continue with the home office, or look to changing it to something else. I currently have a few bits of furniture, including a single bed, in storage so could use that as an option.

Many thanks

Re: Wedding done... Now time to move

Hi,

First of all marketing your flat for sale will not affect the price - it's only 2 properties out of 000's - try advertising it for sale on visum and gumtree too - use decent pictures and be realistic on price - maybe under the other buy by a few £k.

Second - best thing is to take the room back to its original purpose - maybe a bunk bed or something?

Comment

Price your property to suit the local market.
      People use Zoopla and the like these days to ensure thye don't pay over the odds.
      They will know what your neighbours place sold for.

As long as the second "bedroom" is tidy and not cluttered with junk, it matters little what you furnish it with. Most buyers will probably not use it as a bedroom anyway.
      BRAND NEW HOMES
      Information for UK new home buyers
      New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Hi there!

I will give you some questions to analyze:

4 Questions You Should Ask before Selling

1. How much do I save by using an online estate agent?
        2. Is my selling price right?
        3. When is the best time to sell my home?
        4. What am I including in the price?

Comment

Working...
        X