Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell First? Or Choose New One First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sell First? Or Choose New One First?

I would guess that this is a common dilemma. We had a property that we really wanted, and put ours on the market . Meanwhile but the vendor went and sold it quickly at a higher price elsewhere !

Now we have a property that is hanging unsold . The plan is to move 200 miles back to our home area so househunting will not be easy and prices in the South are higher than here in the Midlands, so we cannot sell cheaply

If we wait for a buyer it will be a panic to buy quickly and perhaps unwisely.
    If we choose a good property we cannot yet proceed with a contract. If we rent short term it all comes out of the available fund to buy. We are too old to get a mortgage

What is the best , or least worse way to proceed?????

Re: Sell First? Or Choose New One First?

Personally I would sell first, this puts you in a much stronger position to negotiate on the price of another home.

Comment

It's best to sell your house first before you buy new one.

Comment

I agree perhaps before it was better to buy first but not in this market! Could be years..!

Comment

I also agree with the above posters that you have to sell your house first and then buy new home.
          Man And Van Sherborne | Johnson's of Shaftesbury

Comment

Sell first then buy. Know what kind of position you are in before putting money away.

Comment

Obviously sell first, this puts you in a much better position to negotiate on the price of another home...8 out 10 people will suggest you that sell first.

Comment

Working...
              X