Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling house with on-line estate agents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling house with on-line estate agents

Has anyone had experience good or bad with selling a house with an on-line estate agent? They seem to do basically the same things only cheaper but you do have the hassle of showing people around.

Thanks

Re: Selling house with on-line estate agents

I've yet to hear their praises sung of, because they have such a small market share online - rightmove dominates. Local market is still a major interest for property.

Comment

Hi,
      The last time we've visited The Catacombs in Project Hell they were in ... of scenery which convinced us to build some new modular pieces of ...

Comment

If you use Rightmove it won't cost you much and you still have to show people round your home if you use an estate agent!

Why on earth would anyone register with an estate agent when they can veiw every home for slae online.

Traditional estate agents are finished unless they start fixed fees of £500 plus vat!
        BRAND NEW HOMES
        Information for UK new home buyers
        New Home Blog The latest news and views

Comment

Hi, I am the owner of a local agent that offers fixed pricing online. We offer all of the same services that a traditional agent offers at a fraction of the price.

Online agents are the future. We can even take the viewings for you. It just means that we don't have the overheads of a large highstreet agent with lots of offices.

Have a look for Alderhill Homes, we care based in Hampshire but cover nationally.

Comment

are* based

Comment

Hi

You can try the print advertising and website advertising, don't just depend on your on-line agent.

Comment

Lots of different things to ask, get a feeling for the agent.

What are your agents fees?
                Don't forget these are negotiable.

Can you show me details of houses you have recently sold?
                Where do you advertise?
                Are all your viewings accompanied, would you expect me to do viewings?
                Do I have final say on the format of the details?
                Do you give me feedback on all my viewings?

Comment

Internet agents lack local knowledge of the area and buyers! From my experience as an agent we have calculated that 25% of the business we do is from previous business and recommendation!

Also buyers open up better to agents and give a much more honest opinion of the home as they will not offend the agent as they could an owner!

The agent also has access to more active people who are looking in an area as they get interest via other properties and have applicant registration.

Internet agents are a cheap way of selling your home and unfortunately the majority of agents cannot compete with a £500 fee. But you may find the difference you pay in fee you will see back from the work the agent puts in and the offer you receive! (depending on the agent!)

Comment

You cannot expect a fair deal from every online agent except few. I had some bad experience selling home online. Though it has become necessity to take their services … it is good to do well research about them.

Comment

You cannot expect a fair deal from every online agent except few. I had some bad experience selling home online. Though it become necessity to take their services … it is good to do well research about them.

Comment

@EllaV How come you had a bad experience online?

Comment

Online agents are the future...but you should do well research about them.

Comment

Online agents are more flexible to work with as you can find them always at a click. That's my perception. Haven't had any bad experience with estate agents so far. So they are good to go.

Comment

Hey there, since you are looking for a online estate agency for private home sales, I would recommend speaking to some of the agents from iThinkProperty.

Comment

Working...
                              X