Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Husband refusing to sell house at realistic price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Homes Expert
    replied
    Re: Husband refusing to sell house at realistic price

The best thing is to sell for the price you can get.
    Point out that the house is costing money as it is inusrance, council tax utilities etc.
    I expect hubby is just being awkward as he doesnt want to move out.
    Who is paying the mortgage?

Leave a comment:

• pammiec
    started a topic Husband refusing to sell house at realistic price

Husband refusing to sell house at realistic price

Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope someone will be able to help. My husband and I are splitting up and have put the house up for sale. It needs a bit of work doing and the estate agent has advised dropping the price as we've had little interest and the few people who have been to see it have said that the price doesn't reflect the work that needs doing.
    I agree and thought it was overpriced from the start, but my husband doesn't and is refusing to budge.
    He's in no hurry as he'll be moving in with his dad and living rent free, but I'm looking at buying a shared ownership property for myself and my daughter, and as they don't come up very often I don't want to hang about.
    Any suggestions on how I can make him see sense?
    Many thanks.
Working...
X