Welcome to the reallymoving forum
Got questions and need some advice? Our forums have answers on everything from choosing the right property, to renting and selling.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is most important when buying a house?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is most important when buying a house?

Other than the physical properties of the house, what are the most important factors people consider when house hunting? Does this interest anyone?

Re: What is most important when buying a house?

depends on why you want to buy it really - location of schools, proximity to work, selling price, location, location, location?

Comment

Originally posted by lgyem View Post
      Other than the physical properties of the house, what are the most important factors people consider when house hunting? Does this interest anyone?
      For most of my life, I thought home was a simple enough concept.
      But later on, my concept of home is not as simple as it used to be.The important things when you are going to buy a house you must think if it is reliable or it accessible in society.And it is also depends on what you like for your home.

Comment

Location, location, etc

Comment

If you are buying a house to live in yourself, I would say a very important factor is the neighbours. I have recently had a retired couple move in next door. They bought a terraced house in a road where about 80% of residents have dogs, and have complained at every opportunity that they bark. Well, yeah, dogs do that.

Unfortunately, because my two are giant breed dogs, everyone can hear them. I don't leave them to bark and it is only other dogs that set them off, but these two still complain.

Don't want to go off on a tangent, but I am furious at the moment. I have had it up for sale for a couple of months and will try to sell it to someone with a couple of noisy babies and yapping spaniels.

Comment

According to the T V shows, buyers are pretty dim and fail to visualise a place as they would have it. Everything has to be spick and span like a show house , it seems

Comment

I think location is the first thing which must me consider first. Then depends on you how much space or rooms you need. And other thing which is also important that your home must have proper and easy access to other locations like office, school, market etc.

Comment

Then depends on you how much space or rooms you need. And other thing which is also important that your home must have proper and easy access to other locations
                I am 100% agreed with you. Firstly , it is important to find best location where markets , schools, parks and all other places are in easy reach. Secondly, when you are buying any property you must have estimated the future selling cost of your house and your home map design must be according to you and marketing needs.

Comment

Hello everyone,

For me these are the most important things to consider before buying house:

*Location, Location, Location
                  *Situation Factors
                  *Check Out the Neighborhood
                  *Consider a Home's Curb Appeal
                  *Size and Floor Plan

So the most important is the location.

Comment

Except all the physical properties, the first thing which is to be consider is the location as your home should be easily accessible from all the areas.
                    Man And Van Sherborne | Johnson's of Shaftesbury

Comment

Main thing is location, ease of access to services and leisure services. Also transport of course and noise. The view maybe and the neighbours.

Comment

I'm always thinking about how much the running costs are likely to be …
                        • Council tax band
                        • Energy Performance Certificate & how much those bills could be
                        • Buildings insurance (depending on what type of build & the area)
                        Amie Gramlick
                        www.howtohomebuy.co.uk
                        HowToHomeBuy.co.uk
                        Providing free, independent advice for home buyers

Comment

It depends on Size and Floor,Neighborhood,Location etc...

Comment

Working...
                          X